Sunday 9 December 2012

Her Old-fashioned boss out now

Her Old-Fashioned Boss is out at Amazon now.
This was a difficult story for me to write as my heroine has an eating disorder, something I've been working through for years. I tried not to put too much of myself into it, but that often happens. I once had a someone ask why so many of my stories have characters with eating issues and that's because I guess my female characters each have a bit of me.
Here is the blurb and an excerpt:
Here is the Blurb:
Roarke and Sam have been together for years. They love each other, yet they feel there is something missing. And Sam thinks they need a woman. Someone they can coddle and protect.
But Roarke isn’t so sure. For years he’s blamed himself for his brother’s death. The only person he’s ever allowed to get close since is Sam.
Then Ava Scott applies for the job as Roarke’s personal assistant and both men find themselves instantly attracted and intrigued by the tiny woman.
For years Ava Scott has fought the effects of an eating disorder. One she’s too ashamed to talk about. Now down to her last few dollars, Ava’s desperate for a job. She can’t believe it when she’s hired as the personal assistant to the owner of several BDSM clubs. She’s always been a bit curious about BDSM, and finds herself quickly attracted to dominant Roarke and his submissive partner, Sam.
It’s an interest she knows will never be reciprocated. They’re gay, they’re together and Roarke is her boss—a kind of old-fashioned, overprotective boss who likes to spank.
Warning: Involves a Dom with a hand like a paddle, his partner who has an oral fixation and a heroine with body issues. MMF, includes MM, spanking, anal plugs.

Excerpt:
“Shh.” He ran his hand up and down her arm to soothe her. “You didn’t upset me. I was just remembering how worried I was about Sam and thinking of every horrible thing that could have happened to him. And no, honey, I am not going to spank you. It wouldn’t be right when you had no idea about my rule.”

“Oh,” she said. Did she actually sound disappointed? That couldn’t possibly be right.

He glanced over at Sam who looked equally flummoxed.

“Ava?” Sam asked gently, waiting until she raised her face. “Do you want Roarke to spank you?”

“Well, it’s just…it’s going to sound silly.”

“You can say anything to us, sweet,” Sam told her. “We won’t laugh or ridicule you, I promise.”

She was silent for a long moment, but Roarke didn’t want to push her on this. She had to learn that she could trust them, that she could open up and be vulnerable with them.

“I’ve just, I’ve never been spanked before.”

Roarke raised his brow, turning her to look up at him. “Never?” he asked.

She shook her head. “Not that I can remember, anyway. When they punished us in the foster homes, it was mainly time out or doing chores or going to bed without supper, but I’ve never been spanked.”

“Well, the time-out method has some effect, but I promise I will never force you to do chores and I will never let you go to bed hungry. In fact, I want to see you eating three healthy meals a day, young lady,” he said sternly. He’d been longing to take her to task over her eating habits, but hadn’t felt he had the right. He didn’t want to make a big deal about it, it was obvious from the stark way she ate that there were some issues there and he didn’t want to go wading in without knowing exactly what was going on. No way did he want to make things worse. But he had to make sure she was healthy.

Ava held her hands tightly in her lap. “The thing is, you obviously, umm, hold Sam accountable for things he does outside of what goes on in your playroom or bedroom.”

“Yes, I do. Sam is my submissive. Always. We’ve been together a long time and we have a sort of rhythm going. He doesn’t get punished that much anymore. But he still has rules to follow and if he breaks them then his butt generally pays.”

She nodded, but still lay tense in his arms. “What is it, sweetie?” he asked.

“I just think, I can’t go into this relationship without knowing...I mean, I want to go into this for good, I-I care for both of you and it would kill me to lose you. But I have to know what it would be like.”

Roarke felt a ping of sudden understanding. “You want to know what you’re getting yourself in for.”

“Yes,” she sighed.

He nodded. He understood, he’d feel the same way. “Okay, baby. I’ll spank you. But after breakfast. No one should be spanked on an empty stomach.”



No comments:

Post a Comment